As recommended by 99% of users on TripAdvisor
Explore this old pirates & artists hangout one historic pub at a time
London is filled with amazing history – but if you want to feel like you’ve actually gone back in time hundreds of years, there’s nothing like visiting the historical pubs along the docks of old London town.
Here was once home to a bustling trading port, full of thieves, dockers, sailors – even pirates! Now it’s a lot quieter – a residential area, lined with cobblestone lanes and old warehouse buildings with breathtaking riverside views of the city.
The dockers and pirates may be long gone, but the places they ate and drank in, and their stories are still very much alive. All served up with London’s best craft brews, ciders, and its finest pub grub, including more than a few dishes which are sure to wow! Come along on this unforgettable trip back in time.
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
- Discover the neighbourhood once home to London’s thriving docks and learn about the food that fueled their trade and became the staples of British cuisine.
- Taste the beer that was once said to save British sailors from a grizzly end. Not a beer drinker? No worries! We will happily swap your beers for another British classic: cider.
- Dive into some classic pub grub whilst you learn about its history and origins.
- Enjoy some of London’s best brews from traditional ales, craft ales and ciders only found on this side of the Atlantic.
- Soak in the gorgeous views of London’s skyline as you stroll along the picturesque waterfront not seen by many tourists
- Revel in tales of pirates, thieves and artists told in the same places they once called home.
- Try Britain’s favourite ‘hairy snack’ washed down with a traditional porter!
- Explore the 5 of the oldest taverns left on the riverside and take a deeper look at what lurks beneath the surface.
Tour bookings are fully refundable up to 48 hours before your tour date, and we can also swap you into a different tour if there’s availability. A change of plans is no problem.
Good to Know
5 individual food tastings, plus 5 beer tastings
Entertaining and personable English speaking guide
Food Lovers’ Guide: full of insider’s tips and details
What to Bring
Bring a bottle of water or you can purchase one at the meeting point
We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes
If rain is forecast, bring an umbrella as we will be outside for most of the tour
Get to the tour
Transportation to and from the food tour is not included, and we are unable to arrange this for you
Detailed information for how to arrive to the meeting point will be provided at time of booking
At the end of the food tour, our guides are always more than happy to call a taxi for you or point you in the right direction
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page