As recommended by 99% of users on TripAdvisor
Enjoy London’s finest Indian cuisine and eat like a King
The British are crazy about Indian food! There is curry on every corner with around 10,000 “curry houses” across the UK- that’s more than there are in Mumbai! So why do the Brits adore “going for an curry” so much? That’s where Eating London Food Tours comes in!
This 2.5 hour journey through London’s vibrant Brick Lane takes in the exotic sights, sounds, smells and tastes ‘Banglatown’. Walk away from this tour with an in-depth knowledge of the area, how the community came to be, and most importantly – the surprising and authentic food that started here and has made it’s way into the hearts and stomachs of Brits all across the United Kingdom.
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
- Enjoy traditional Indian starterswashed down with an Indian beer
- Devour deliciously crisp and aromatic snacks know as ‘telebhuja’
- Try a lassi at a top joint loved by locals
- Discover a traditional family run restaurant, specialising in dishes found no where else outside of Bangladesh
- Relish in sweet treats all the way from Bangladesh
- Visit an authentic local food store, test your knowledge of exotic spices and fruits and try sweet tamarind
- Check out London’s most dynamic street art as you stroll
- Step into the past and discover the link between India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Britain while exploring this vibrant community
Plus– Introduce yourself to buildings steeped in history and understand London’s cosmopolitan culture.
Tour bookings are fully refundable up to 48 hours before your tour date, and we can also swap you into a different tour if there’s availability. A change of plans is no problem.
Good to Know
Entertaining and personable English speaking guide
Food Lovers’ Guide: full of insider’s tips and details
What to Bring
Bring a bottle of water or you can purchase one at the meeting point
We recommend you wear comfortable walking shoes
If rain is forecast, bring an umbrella as we will be outside for most of the tour
Get to the tour
Transportation to and from the food tour is not included, and we are unable to arrange this for you
Detailed information for how to arrive to the meeting point will be provided at time of booking
At the end of the food tour, our guides are always more than happy to call a taxi for you or point you in the right direction
Have more questions? Check out our FAQ page